User Experience Design Certification (CXD™)Toronto
Akendi Certified User Experience Designer
Introduction to UX Design & Experience Thinking, Information Architecture Design, Mobile User Experience Design, GUI Interaction Design, Visual Design for User Experiences.
Concrete Design Toronto
Interactive & Print Production Designer
- Worked collaboratively with Creative Directors and design teams on digital projects to discover, build, improve and expand the user experience and identify and develop information architecture, user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Led & coordinated digital meetings with stakeholders to present userflows, architecture and wireframes. Independently led initiative to introduce and implement user-centered design process to the company with successful results including more on-time & on-budget projects.
- Provided art direction and interactive solutions to the development team to ensure original concept design was maintained whilst optimizing user interface.
- Proactively recommended new technologies and platforms to existing product offerings. As a result, saved the company money by creating and producing in-house websites for low-budget clients using cost-effective platforms such as Big Cartel, Squarespace & WordPress.
- Created technical specifications documents & style guides and prepared graphic assets for hand-off to development teams.
- Created Flash banner ads & animations, animated GIFs and interactive PDFs.
- Managed online client image repositories and built an internal online reference library.
- Laid out, assembled and revised concepts/project files created by the creative team and prepared final artwork for a variety of industries and mediums including: high-end skin care and cosmetic packaging, instore displays and graphics, external and internal building graphics and signage, billboards, magazine ads and brochures among others.
Stott Pilates Toronto
Freelance Web Designer
Designed, created and sent email blasts. Was part of preliminary team discussions and exploration for the entire site and online store redesign.
Sutton Integrated Toronto
Studio Manager & Interactive / Print Production Designer
- Worked in tandem with the Creative Director on creative briefs from concept and design through to production, for collateral materials such as: websites, interactive presentations, proposals, annual reports, corporate marketing materials and trade-show booths.
- Worked with and provided art direction to Web Developers to produce complex flash, cms and html websites using latest industry software and standards. Interactive duties included wireframe creation, design, development, maintenance and cross browser testing of client websites, email blasts, newsletters, banner adverts.
- Streamlined and managed the production process to ensure studio ran smoothly, deadlines were met and quality control was at its utmost.
- Executed all pre-press production for all external print jobs and worked directly with third party vendors to ensure timely deliverables.
- Led, coached and trained the production team.
- Proactively recommended new features and functionalities to existing product offerings; as a result, saving the company money by creating and producing in-house Online Annual Reports.
- Lead, coach and train the production team.
Moved to Toronto
A4 Distribution UK
Graphic Designer / Marketing Coordinator
Adapted and implemented the global creative for the UK market for extreme sportswear brands including: etnies, éS, emerica, Sessions, A-snowboards, 32’s.
Produced all in-house artwork: event flyers, stickers, posters, media CDs, marketing presentations & press releases I also created magazine adverts from design to publication and assisted in trade-show & event organization.
Centre of Animation Film France
Internship for 2 summers for lead up to and during the International Animation Film Festival. Translated texts for publication in the festival guides and daily newspaper. I also assisted with co-ordination of exhibitions and workshops.
University of Central Lancashire UK
Bachelors of Art - Design Studies and French
Joint degree. French electives included: translation, business french, interpreting, existentialism, french cinema. As part of the course I had to spend a year working in France where I completed internships for the following: Le Bien Public News Paper in Dijon, working along side the Graphic Designer producing artwork for both print and digital. Marketing Assistant IPAC business school in Annecy and a Translator for the International Centre for Animation Film in Annecy.
Global & Self Exploration
Journey through North America, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Africa